Our offices are now open. We have in place measures to ensure the safety of our employees and our clients. We would still recommend that you contact us by email or by telephone however and we are now able to offer meetings via Zoom or other virtual meeting apps.
Construction Site Accident claims
Construction Accident Compensation Claims & Building Site Accident Claims
Do you require a solicitor to help you claim for an accident on a construction site or building site? If so then contact PSR Solicitors to see how we can help you.
With many tradespeople being self-employed, an injury that prevents you from working for any period of time will have a significant impact on your income, leading to real worries about meeting your financial obligations such as mortgages or other loans.
Our specialist Construction Accident Solicitors can help you with every stage of making a compensation claim following an injury while working on a building site.
We’ll endeavour to secure the maximum level of compensation possible for the physical injury you have sustained, and we’ll make sure all the other losses you have suffered as a result are also factored accurately into to claim. Such as loss of earnings, travel expenses, private medical treatment and rehabilitation to assist in your recovery and get your life back on track.
Pursuing compensation for your construction site accident is not something that you have to do on your own, you need specialist advice. Trust us to help you.
To talk to our professional Construction Accident Solicitors today please call 0800 020 9167 or complete an online enquiry form.
Building Site & Construction Site Injuries
Construction sites and building sites are dangerous places to work because there are usually a large number of people on-site, a variety of dangerous machinery in use and lots of heavy traffic coming and going all day long. Although health and safety has improved over the years and it is now uncommon to see anyone on a construction site without a high visibility jacket or a safety helmet, accidents do still happen.
According to the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), there are 58,000 non-fatal injuries reported by the construction industry each year. The most common are caused by slips and trips, falls from a height, being struck by a falling object, and handling, lifting or carrying heavy loads. Other common injuries are sustained in vehicle accidents or due to faulty equipment.
Accidents on building sites are often serious and can result in life-changing injuries so whether you are an employee, a subcontractor or a member of the public that has been injured in such circumstances, we are here to help and will advise and support you throughout your compensation claim.
Building Site Accidents - The Law is There to Protect You
Your employer has a legal obligation to provide you with a clean and safe working environment, proper equipment and also to ensure that all staff have been fully trained on all aspects of their job. This includes being fully trained in health and safety at work. If they fail in their duty to look after you whilst you are working for them then they can be held to account by the law. No one should ever have to go to work and suffer an injury or death.
The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA) makes clear that the welfare of all employees, regardless of their working environment, is paramount. The responsibilities of your employer are made clear within the legislation to ensure that you are protected against risk of injury or damage to your health while you are at work.
Your employer or site manager must provide you with:
- A safe working environment.
- Safe equipment and machinery.
- Suitable protective clothing.
- Thorough and regular risk assessments in line with the regulations.
- Effective processes to limit or control any hazards.
- Adequate training and supervision especially with regard to handling dangerous equipment or substances.
- Adequate facilities for staff welfare.
- A staff representative to take responsibility for health and safety within the workplace.
- Information about potential risks in the workplace including chemical substances, equipment or activity.
- Safe and competent colleagues working with you who won’t endanger you or others.
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 is also there to protect employees and is particularly relevant to those working on building or construction sites, helping to prevent injury caused through handling heavy loads. Manuel Handling is defined by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) as “any transporting or supporting of a load including the lifting, putting down, pushing, carrying or moving thereof by hand or bodily force.”
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations details the following measures:
- Avoid the need for any manual handling that carries the risk of injury wherever possible. This may be done by breaking down loads into more manageable sizes or re-designing tasks.
- Carry out a risk assessment where manual handling is unavoidable, taking into consideration the tasks involved, the weight and the size of the load as well as the working environment including the amount of available space.
- Implement systems to minimise any risks.
If your employer, or sub-contractor fails to fulfil any of these responsibilities and you are injured whilst carrying out your job then you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
About construction site & building site accident claims
The responsibility for safety on a building site often lies with a number of different people ranging from the construction company, architect, main contractor and the site manager who is in charge of assessing health and safety and applying those rules and regulations to all subcontractors. Such cases can be very complicated with neither party willing to accept the blame but this is where our experienced Construction Accident Solicitors can make the difference and progress your case quickly to a successful conclusion.
We understand that you may feel uncomfortable about making a construction site accident claim, particularly as you may have concerns over job security. The fact is that your employer cannot dismiss you if you are injured due to their negligence in the workplace and they must have insurance in place to cover them. They won’t have to pay your compensation themselves.
Our experienced solicitors can help you with a wide range of construction site claims such as:
- Falls from roofs, ladders or scaffolding due to defective work equipment or poor safety training
- Exposure to chemicals due to inadequate personal protection equipment provided, lack of health and safety training and maintenance of hazardous materials
- Accidents when workers have been injured by a vehicle at work.
- Lifting injuries caused by poor health and safety training or lack of adequate equipment for the required job
- Injuries caused by falling objects, often from cranes, scaffolding or higher floors on building sites
- Accidents caused by unsafe procedures and practices
If you are looking to claim compensation for an accident on a construction or building site and you want free advice from a fully qualified solicitor then please contact us now.
Using one of our specialist Construction Accident Solicitors ensures that you have a better chance of winning your claim and receiving all of the compensation and help that you are entitled to all on a No Win No Fee basis. This means that you won't have any legal costs to pay if your claim is unsuccessful so No Win No Fee = No Risk To You.
Our Construction Accident Expertise
Established in 2009, PSR Solicitors is now the largest law firm specialising in no win no fee personal injury claims across North Wales and Cheshire. You can contact us safe in the knowledge that one of our expert solicitors will take care of everything for you on a No Win No Fee basis allowing you to carry on with your life whilst we proceed with your legal case.
Many personal injury firms employ teams of fee earners to handle their claims meaning that clients don’t know who is dealing with their case, never have contact with a qualified solicitor and find that their compensation is put at risk altogether. You deserve a legal team that has the level of experience and expertise required and by instructing PSR Solicitors, you are guaranteed an accomplished personal injury specialist acting on your behalf. We are not only committed to securing the full financial award to which you are entitled but are also able to coordinate all aspects of your medical care and financial support.
We can help you by:
- Accessing specialist medical treatment, rehabilitation and equipment to help with your recovery.
- Arranging interim financial payments to help protect you against loss of earnings and cover your costs until your claim is settled.
- Ensuring that you are claiming any work-related benefits to which you may now be entitled as a result of your injury.
- Advising you on personal injury trusts to protect your compensation award from third parties, care costs both now and in the future and means testing, which could affect any benefit payments that you receive.
PSR Solicitors is accredited by the Law Society for our personal injury service and has also attained the Lexcel Practice Management Standard for delivering excellent legal services.
We have a reputation for recovering more compensation than our competitors and have the experience and know-how to progress your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We are extremely proud that more than half of our current clients have come to us through the recommendation of others as we continuously strive to provide a friendly, professional and effective service for everyone that we represent.
Contact us today
The team at PSR solicitors is best placed to help you with your compensation claim so for confidential, professional legal advice don’t hesitate to contact us today.
With offices in Wrexham, Colwyn Bay, Rhyl, Shotton (Deeside) and Ellesmere Port, PSR are a leading personal injury law firm in North Wales. We regularly act for clients on accidents and injury at work claims across North Wales, Cheshire, Liverpool and Merseyside.
As a recognised injury claims specialist we can support your needs wherever you live in Wales, England & Northern Ireland.
Mr U, Staffordshire
Miss G, North Wales
Mr J, Cheshire
Download Personal Injury Brochure
Find out more about PSR Solicitors - download our free brochure now.