Claim Compensation for Injuries from Accidents Involving Chemicals
If you have been injured at work after coming into contact with dangerous chemicals or substances, then PSR can help. Our legal specialists are adept at negotiating with insurance companies to ensure that you receive the maximum value of your claim. We will spend the time understanding the facts surrounding your accident so that we can provide you with a fully bespoke service, tailored to your individual needs and circumstances.
Our personal injury claim services are provided on a strictly no win, no fee basis to give you peace of mind that you won’t be left to struggle financially as a result of taking legal action. To find out more about whether you are likely to have a successful claim and how much you can expect to receive contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote.
About chemical injuries
Chemical burns are the result of hazardous substances coming into contact with the skin or eyes and are often caused by products such as bleach, ammonia, fertilizers, concrete mix and cleaning products for swimming pools, toilets and drains. If the exposure is minimal, the effects can be mild causing minor irritation to the surface of the skin, which can be easily treated and will leave no long-term damage. More prolonged contact however can penetrate much deeper and can leave permanent scarring and the need for skin grafts.
Burn injuries are categorised in one of three ways:
- First degree burns are the mildest form of burn injury. They only affect the very surface of the skin and usually recover without the need for medical treatment unless a large area of the skin is affected.
- Second degree burns are more serious than first degree burns as the damage effects both the first and second layers of the skin. The damage can potentially cause pigment changes to the skin, often requiring a skin graft in the most serious of cases.
- Third degree burns are the most serious burn injuries, penetrating all layers of the skin and causing extensive nerve damage and other complications. All burns of this severity will require surgery to try and minimise scarring and avoid contracture or tightening of the skin.
Burn injuries can be particularly devastating and traumatic especially if they lead to permanent scarring. It is important that you get the right treatment and support to help you cope with what has happened so take swift, immediate advice from qualified legal professionals to ensure you achieve the best financial and care package possible.
About compensation claims for chemical burns
If you have been injured at work in the past three years, after coming into contact with any hazardous substances then it is possible that you are able to pursue a compensation claim.
At PSR Solicitors, we can offer you a free, no-obligation consultation to determine the circumstances surrounding your accident and to establish fault.
We can then give you an idea of your likelihood of success and how much you can expect to receive in compensation. The final amount will consider how serious your injuries are, the extent to which they impact on your life and any long-term or permanent affects such as scarring.
Your final pay-out is designed to recognise the harm and suffering that you have experienced through no fault of your own and will cover:
- Private medical treatment including any surgery or skin grafts that you may require.
- Counselling services to protect your mental well-being. The emotional toll of suffering a chemical injury should not be underestimated and appropriate therapies can help you come to terms with your accident and help you to move forward with your life.
- Any loss of earnings while your undergo treatment and recovery.
- Additional expenses that you have incurred as a result of your injury.
Your rights at work
Your employer is required by law to protect you against the risk of harm while carrying out your job and their obligations are detailed in the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974:
- To provide a safe working environment
- To carry out thorough risk assessments
- To limit any risks
- To provide safe equipment and protective clothing
- To deliver adequate training
- To provide information about any potential hazards including hazardous substances
We can help you to understand all areas of employment law, including your rights as an employee following a compensation claim to ensure your job security and welfare at work in the future.
By instructing one of our specialist personal injury solicitors, you will have the best chance of receiving the maximum amount of compensation from your claim.
Many law firms no longer use qualified solicitors to handle personal injury claims with thousands in compensation being lost every day as a result. We know that you deserve much better. Your financial security and access to the very best in medical care is dependent on you securing the maximum amount of compensation available and we are determined that you receive every single penny that you are owed.
We have a proven track record of successfully negotiating with insurance companies and avoiding the potential pitfalls and obstacles that they can present to try and avoid paying out on a claim.
We are also able to coordinate your medical care, arrange for interim payments to cover your costs until your claim is settled, advise on benefits and personal injury trusts, which can help you manage your final award. We work to a continuously high standard and have achieved the Law Society’s accreditation for personal injury services and the Lexcel Practise Management Standard for excellent legal provision.
We are friendly, approachable and professional and will handle your case with sensitivity and understanding throughout.
Contact the experts
Your claim is vitally important, which is why we will contact you within an hour of your initial enquiry during normal working hours, or the next working day if you contact us after close of business. PSR Solicitors has been helping people across North Wales and Cheshire with their personal injury claims since 2009 and we can help you too. So for a free, no-obligation consultation contact us today.
With offices in Wrexham, Colwyn Bay, Rhyl, Shotton (Deeside) and Ellesmere Port, PSR are a leading practice of Work Accident Compensation Claim Solicitors in North Wales and Injury Solicitors in Cheshire. We regularly act for clients on chemical injury claims across North Wales, Cheshire, Liverpool and Merseyside. As a recognised injury claims specialist we can support your needs wherever you live in Wales, England & Northern Ireland.
We will respond to any query within one hour of normal office hours, or the next working day if you contact us during the evening or at the weekend.
Download Personal Injury Brochure
Find out more about PSR Solicitors - download our free brochure now.