Our offices are now open. We have in place measures to ensure the safety of our employees and our clients. We would still recommend that you contact us by email or by telephone however and we are now able to offer meetings via Zoom or other virtual meeting apps.

News Index

Student Finance Loans - Legal documentation required

11 | 07 | 19


Student Finance Loans - Legal documentation required

Legal Documents For Student Loans 


The Student Loans Company (SLC) is a non-departmental public body company in the United Kingdom that provides student loans. It is owned by the UK Government's Department for Education (85%), the Scottish Government (5%), the Welsh Government (5%) and the Northern Ireland Executive (5%).  The SLC is funded entirely by the UK government and the devolved administrations. It is responsible for both providing loans to students, and collecting loan repayments alongside HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

AS part of the terms and conditions you must let the SLC know of any changes whatsoever in your personal circumstances including: 

·       When you start to live together, get married, separate or divorce.

·       When you change your employment status (for example from employed to self employed).

PSR Solicitors have recently been approached by several people regarding the preparation of documents which have been requested by Student Finance England and Student Finance Wales to prove their financial situation as their circumstances have changed.  For example one lady requested documentation to prove that she was no longer living with her husband and another gentleman requested documentation  regarding proving his income.

We have contacted Student Finance and ascertained the exact details they require for such documents and, as we did for the two named clients above, we were then able to draft the relevant documents (affidavits in these cases) which fulfil the requirements of Student Finance.

Therefore if you require documentation in this regard, or regarding proving any other personal matters, then please contact us and we can arrange the preparation of any documentation which you require and then arrange for you to attend at one of our offices to approve and affirm the same.

Some of the other affidavits we have recently drafted and affirmed include:

·       Proof regarding a will

·       Proving marital status for foreign jurisdictions

·       Proof regarding debts allowing debt recovery to commence



Book a FREE consultation

Please provide us with some information about your situation and one of our expert solicitors will then contact you.

Download Personal Injury Brochure

Find out more about PSR Solicitors - download our free brochure now.

Click Here

Download Conveyancing Brochure

Find out more about PSR Solicitors - download our free brochure now.

Click Here

By continuing to use this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies.